Deborah’s 100 Day Figure and Head Challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Deborah’s 100 Day Figure and Head Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

D Harback 074
    Day 74: More figure sketching, trying to use what I’ve been learning from Steve Huston’s process. I managed to relax and enjoy the messy process today. That’s progress.

Bryan, it really goes against my nature not to go for accuracy straight away, but I’m trying to do as you’re suggesting and I did enjoy it today. I’d like to do more exploration with this approach. I think that when trying to do this at the beginning of this challenge, I was completely floundering in such unfamiliar territory. Maybe it’s testament to what I’ve learned so far that I can attempt this now without the same drowning feeling!

Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I see a whole lot of improvement from your early drawings 🙂

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

D Harback 075
    Day 75: Today I pushed myself further out of my comfort zone, using a contè pastel pencil (way more unwieldy than I like) and doing zero erasing. I actually enjoyed it!

Thanks Bryan. I’m just glad for it to be feeling more comfortable. If what I’m doing is improving, that’s doubly good news.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Great improvement. Try to find more corners (major plane breaks) inside the contours.

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Joshua. I will. Time to learn some anatomy!

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

D Harback 076
    Day 76: Contè pastel pencil on Strathmore toned tan paper. Rendering form. The next piece of the anatomy puzzle I’m wanting to build some knowledge of is the shoulder. This is a start. I had a very busy day today – I’ll continue working on this page tomorrow.

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

D Harback 077
    Day 77: I continued on with this page of shoulders today, using Steve Huston’s Light and Shadow section of the Beginning Figure Drawing videos. I think some study of the shoulder girdle is in order. It’s a bit of a mystery to me at the moment!

Iliya MirochnikIliya Mirochnik
    Participant
    Instructor Badge
    No points.

Hey Deborah,

I did a little draw over clarifying the scapula and some key parts anatomical parts. I think that you generally have everything in the right -place, but it helps to know some of these things so you could really exaggerate them to make the drawing more convincing and effective.

Keep up the good work!

Iliya

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

D Harback 078

Day 78: Beginning work on the structure of the shoulder.

Thank you Iliya, both for your helpful draw over and comments, and for your teaching. I find your teaching very thorough, clear and helpful.

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

D Harback 079
    Day 79: I drew this after watching Iliya’s shoulder girdle videos on the clavicals and sternum today.

NatachaNatacha
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Deborah,

You’re doing such a great job studying the anatomy ! Already 79 days, you improved a lot 🙂

I always love looking at the clean look your drawings give

Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Very detailed notes Deborah 🙂 Your hard work is definitely paying off.

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

D Harback 080
    Day 80: I did some study of the scapula today. I definitely need to do more angles of this to understand it – it’s more complex than I had realised.

Thank you Natacha and Bryan 🙂.

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

D Harback 081
    Day 81: I did this rotation study on the scapula today using the 3D model, to understand the form. I’m very glad I did this – it’s not the simple triangle I had previously assumed! I had to work sections out on the final two because the humerus was in the way on the model, thus I’m not sure how accurate these ones are.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Debbie H.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Debbie H.
    Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

D Harback 082
    Day 82: I started working on muscles of the face and shoulder girdle today.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 246 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.