Danny’s 100 Day Art Challenge “Hands”

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Danny’s 100 Day Art Challenge “Hands”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Danny AveryDanny Avery
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

To draw a hand or hands everyday for 100 days to improve my understanding of the structure and to make it easy to draw from imagination

Danny AveryDanny Avery
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I already started 7 days ago but wanted to make sure I posted on here as well, set up an instagram 100dayartist to make it easy to post and follow if anyone likes. cant wait to see what kind of progress I make. 

David CarterDavid Carter
    Participant
    100 Day Art Challenge Participant Badge
    No points.

Your hands are lovely, well done!  I like the way you are unafraid to use really deep shadows to create the forms.  Interestingly I gave myself this same challenge (to draw a hand each day) before I joined NMA and I gave up!  It was just too difficult for me so I’m going back to basics with the beginners courses.

Best wishes,
    David.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Awesome Challenge Danny!

I just issued you your 100 Day Challenge Participant Badge. I also noticed that your avatar seems to be a self portrait. If it is please post a topic in the Self Portrait Challenge forum and I’ll grant you a badge for that as well!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo.
    Danny AveryDanny Avery
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hands are not the easiest thing to master but I find that Steve Huston’s classes on the subject are great I would check them out.

Danny AveryDanny Avery
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 8 done switched to HB and 2H lead holder style pencils most likely will use those for the next 10 days or so. New masters is such a great resource.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.