Clothed Figure Lessons Sped Up

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Website Suggestions and Wish List Clothed Figure Lessons Sped Up

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    matthew moore
    Participant
    No points.

I’m currently going through these lessons and I’m enjoying and learning a lot, but i find it frustrating that parts of the lessons are sped up. Can you please for future lessons avoid speeding up the videos as i find it difficult to draw along with the artist or watch and observe as they draw.

I would love to see a set of videos of timed poses with the clothed figure similar to the nude figure.

Thank you

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Matthew, We’ve had requests to have sections sped up actually, which is why we started doing it. Maybe we could do a poll to get a better idea of what students want. We have also considered having a super sped up version at the end of a lesson, like cliffnotes.

Jim Fitzgerald
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Both versions (regular and high speed views) are great IMO. The (time lapse) high speed views give you a different perspective on how pieces come together, and speaking for myself, increases my understanding. I’ve found them particularly interesting in Ben Fenske’s landscape course too!

matthew moore
    Participant
    No points.

I do agree that having parts of videos sped up is a good idea. I’m also watching other courses where the run time could be greatly cut down by speeding up the videos without losing information. I think there’s a time and a place to speed up videos. In the case of a long drawing/painting where the process may take an hour or longer, speeding up the video or having a time-lapse makes sense. But for quick poses where they only take a couple of minutes speeding them up seems unnecessary as the overall time save is a few minutes not hours in the case of a longer drawing/painting.

Side note I think all the content you’re producing at NMA is great and despite not liking the sped up parts in the draped figure course the music choice for those sections is awesome. Thank you.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Yeah we first started doing it in the sight-size course because the drawings were tens of hours long and we assumed students would not be following along stroke for stroke but working on their own and just checking the steps as they go. This gives us a lot ot think about though going forward. I like the idea of two versions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.