Cast shadow

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art Discussion Drawing Cast shadow

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Laura EspinosaLaura Espinosa
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi!

I have seen on the course the teacher talks about cast shadow and I don’t understand what it is at all. Can someone explain me please?

Thank you so much.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Look at the moon. Depending on the day there is a light side and shadow side. We would call this “form shadow.” Some parts of the form just can’t get light from the sun. They are turned away from it.

Sometimes the moon will cast a shadow on the earth causing an eclipse. That shadow of the moon on the earth is a cast shadow. It’s an area that would get light but the light is being blocked.

If I look at you part of your face may be in light the other in shadow (form).

You may be casting a shadow on the wall behind you. You’re literally blocking the light from reaching that wall. That’s a cast shadow.

And object can also cast shadows on itself. Your nose can cast a shadow down onto your lip. Your head can cast a shadow onto your shirt. So it’s form shadow, form turns away from the light and cast shadows, something blocks the light and leaves it’s shape on another form.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.