Caspers Wilderness Park

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Caspers Wilderness Park

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this lesson, at Caspers Wilderness Park, instructor Stapleton Kearns introduces you to his color palette. You will study the concept of balancing between design and observation in landscape painting. Next, Stapleton explains how to apply shape posters in your artwork, in order to take control of the viewer’s eyes. This lesson includes an interview with Stapleton.

This lesson belongs to the course Designing Your Landscape Painting. Follow Stapleton Kearns through the howling deserts of Joshua Tree, the coast of Point Lobos, and the colorful fall landscape of Vermont, as he teaches you the New England style of landscape painting. Stapleton will take you through his decision-making process on how to design and construct different elements in a landscape painting. Along the way, you will learn his tips and tricks on brushes, paints, and personal techniques.

Throughout this course, you’ll have access to the NMA community for feedback and critiques to improve your work as you progress.

Jim Fitzgerald
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Week 2 – 11. The Hour of the Muse

Hmmmm.   Does the muse sound like a duck at 00:28?   😉

reva
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

great sessions ! good teaching

beatriz martins
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

The energy this teacher puts into his lessons is thrilling!! He lays down paint in a mesmerizing way and breaks complex matters down in a way that is both understandable and funny, I dont know if I would call this a beginners class, but I recomend it greatly, just because of Kearns’ talented teachings!!

Natalie MontelongoNatalie Montelongo
    Keymaster
    Administrator Badge
    No points.

Thank you for your comment, Beatriz!
    Happy to hear you enjoyed these lessons so much.
    Thank you for being an NMA member.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.