Carrie’s 100 Day Challenge: Figure Drawing and Foundations

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Carrie’s 100 Day Challenge: Figure Drawing and Foundations

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Carrie Snow
    Participant
    No points.

Now I can sleep.

(Day 12)

Carrie Snow
    Participant
    No points.

Oil practice from today, Charles Hu beginning oil classes, Zorn palette work

9×12 oil on canvas board

Day 13

Carrie Snow
    Participant
    No points.

Leftovers from the yesterday’s zorn palette figure. I’m finding myself needing to change media here and there to keep things spicy. The ultimate goal is painting.

Here are also some pen gesture drawings as I am trying to build more confidence and deliberate marks.

Carrie Snow
    Participant
    No points.

Day 15. Keeping my hands busy really helps me stay more alert while listening to dry textbooks. Although I see a few watercolor classes in my future when I can.

Carrie Snow
    Participant
    No points.

Wasn’t sure what to work on today.

Day 16

Carrie Snow
    Participant
    No points.

Worked on this for a college course. The assignment was to demonstrate value ranges with graphite and no blending or smudging tools, including our hands. This took forever because I was trying to achieve a likeness, combined with the rules of the assignment and my like of skill at heads, I worked on this for 3 days and still hate it. For the rest of to class exercises, I’m going to stick with something more forgiving.

Only counting this as one day 😓

This was a major lesson in taking breaks and standing back. During one of the sessions when I was too zoned in, I didn’t even realize the facial features were way off. I was cracking up when I first stood back. Then (figuratively) crying as I tried to fix it over and over 😂

Day 17

Carrie Snow
    Participant
    No points.

Back to a few timed poses. After missing a few days I about forgot how relaxing it is.

(Day 18)

Carrie Snow
    Participant
    No points.

Day 19 combined layers of late night session

Carrie Snow
    Participant
    No points.

Spent some tome working on Glenn’s modeling tone lesson, some croquis cafe poses earlier today while thinking about Joseph T’s course canvas to paper.

(Day 20)

Carrie Snow
    Participant
    No points.

Day 21 figures and trying to work on modeling tone

Carrie Snow
    Participant
    No points.

Day 22. Big day for regular classes today. I’m a bit disappointed that I can’t be dedicating more time to improvement but at least there’s always a few moments to steal away from other daily activities.

Carrie Snow
    Participant
    No points.

School assignment. Trying to tie it in to learning the back a little better since I will be drawing dots for hours.

Day 23

Carrie Snow
    Participant
    No points.

A few days behind on my posts with lack of time, but not behind on my practice, these are for the days I hadn’t post

Day 24

Day 25

Carrie Snow
    Participant
    No points.

Day 26

Carrie Snow
    Participant
    No points.

Day 27

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.