Carolina’s 100 Day Challenge: Drawing (Open)

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Carolina’s 100 Day Challenge: Drawing (Open)

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 43 (part 8_in progress_LEFT) and Day 44 (part 9_finally DONE_RIGHT) – Cast of Cadaver – Russian Academic Drawing….One can go on refining but I need to move away from this for now.

This was by far the most challenging thing I ever drew. Starting it was daunting,  particularly when working on the light and shadows. I still don’t fully have the shadows/terminators/halftones – highlights down but this was an AMAZING way to practice those concepts. I do have ways to go but prior to starting all the cast drawings –  the shadows/halftones, I did not know much about.

I will be studying the Renaissance cast for the next several days. Once I am done with that I will attempt it. In the meantime, I will work on some Chris Legaspi Rendering Techniques and likely use some of the Master Mondays and Monthly Challenge drawings as part of the 100 day challenges.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by CarolinaCarolina.
    JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Your finished cadaver drawing looks amazing! I’ll use it as inspiration since that’s the next section I need to do in the plaster cast course. I just can’t find time to fit everything in. I don’t know how you do it. You seem to accomplish so much! And so well! Your objects for the March monthly challenge are beautifully drawn, too. I had hoped to do that challenge but I’m going to have to wait. I’ll have to miss at a couple of the upcoming Master Mondays at the end of the month too. Anyway, great work!

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks Jan! I was MIA these past few days. It is hard to keep up and I had to give myself a break. I likely won’t finish the objects for March though I’ll see how far I get. Sometimes one puts too much pressure on oneself, best to do what one can…speaking of myself. As long, as it is relatively consistent.

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 45_Eyes_Carracci Agostino_Ciamberlano Luca  (MIA for a few days…continuing on). These are also part of the Master Monday challenge. Just practicing here.

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 46_Eyes_Carracci Agostino_Ciamberlano Luca .These are also part of the Master Monday challenge. Practice, practice….

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 47_Eyes_Carracci Agostino_Ciamberlano Luca .These are also part of the Master Monday challenge. Practice, practice….

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 48_Eyes_Carracci Agostino_Ciamberlano Luca .These are also part of the Master Monday challenge. Done.

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 49_Drawing the Skull_Russian Academic Approach_Part 1 of many

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Carolina! I just had to say that I was so excited your Carracci assignment was critiqued for the final Master Monday! I don’t think you had been critiqued by Joshua yet. How does it feel to be at the top of the class LOL? (I couldn’t believe I had to be critiqued after you!) Your work really is perfect. I have said repeatedly that I’m in awe of your skill. The hatching exercises and especially the pen work has been painful for me yet somehow you never seem to struggle! At least I am noticing improvement in my other drawings from the master studies these last ten weeks. I’m really looking forward to Joshua’s anatomy course, but I have an incredible busy schedule including some extended travel the next few months. I’m going to have little time to devote to NMA but I’ll try to keep up the best I can. I should be able to get back on track with my drawing mid-summer. And I know you will just keep getting more amazing!

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 50_ (Learning) Drawing the Skull_Russian Academic Approach_part 2 of many

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Jan! I am so glad I was finally critiqued. I have been patiently waiting for weeks! I need to re-listen to his critique again. (Short term memory here..I am the type that needs to write things down). I am not gonna lie, I feel accomplished that I was able to somewhat get a likeness. However, those eyes were painful 🤣…it took me forever to draw them. I still draw quite slowly so it takes hours to complete things. But I am hoping that will change over the long term at some point. Then Joshua mentioned a pen 🤣. I saw your comment on the live discord chat….I feel safer with a pencil at the moment but at some point (with some drawings, like the eyes) I will need to try in pen. It is going into new unchartered dangerous territory.

I do feel that drawing is getting better after all these studies. There is muscle memory developing slowly. Observation skills developing slowly. Slowly but surely. These master studies have been excellent practice – so much focus on hatching/crosshatching which is what we wanted (away from smudging) – among many things. And everyone posting, putting (good pressure) to try one’s best, forces one out of a comfort zone. You have done amazing with all the assignments and extra credit (the foot was fantastic!). Enjoy your travels (whether for business or pleasure) and I am sure you will do the best you can…sometimes it is difficult to keep up with other things to do. But there will be seasons of this apparently so one can always jump in when ready. I am of the mentality that time flies by super duper fast (especially with a busy schedule) so I will look forward to seeing you back in the trenches soon enough! And we will both get more amazing!

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 51_ (Learning) Drawing the Skull_Russian Academic Approach_part 3 of many

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 52_ (Learning) Drawing the Skull_Russian Academic Approach_part 4 of many_some small additions

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 53_ (Learning) Drawing the Skull_Russian Academic Approach_part 5 of 5_Done

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 54_ Bones of Cranium_Russian Academic Approach_Learning Anatomy Notes 1

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 119 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.