Building Your Personal Style | Part 2

Discuss on Discord Register Free
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this video lesson, we are pleased to bring you recordings from an NMA Workshop with Bill Perkins from February 2014. In this workshop, Bill tackles the intimidating and complex subject of building one’s own personal style. In this second part, Bill goes further into the fundamentals covered in Part 1. He will begin with an analysis of the primary elements of design throughout history, examining various periods of art and their use of Line, Mass, and Form. He will then cover Major and Minor Keys, and how to create tonal clarity within your work. Bill will also show many examples of his design work for various films, and will discuss the choices he made to create distinguished styles for each. This lesson will conclude with an assignment to help you practice the concepts you have learned. Stay tuned for the release of the remaining parts of this workshop!

Materials

• Stabilo CarbOthello Pastel Pencils – Black, English Red Deep

Angelia Miller
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I wish there were handouts or a download of the information shared especially of the major and minor keys of contrasts –great content. If there are handouts were are they? By the way I have researched the definitions of mass and form and found the same definition for both terms–still confused about this. Please elaborate.

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

Hi,

I had the same question.  I found the attached documents in a google search.  

Pascal Nelling
    Participant
    No points.

Please release the other parts. It’s a great lecture.

RobertHerrick
    Participant
    No points.

I understand the difference of major and minor keys of form. Are there NMA lessons that show manipulation of these elements to create a better composition?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by RobertHerrick.
    reva
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Wow!! Great artist. great content. Great lecture!!

God bless him 🙏

Ethel
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Again, if we could see the correct version of the assignment to compare to our own work please?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.