Build Your Own Ecorché | Part 1: Constructing the Wire Frame

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Build Your Own Ecorché | Part 1: Constructing the Wire Frame

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this series, you will learn how to create your own ecorché sculpture from scratch with artistic anatomist, Rey Bustos. Rey makes the challenging but rewarding subject of learning artistic anatomy easy-to-understand and fun. In this first lesson of the series, Rey will get started by going over the first steps in the process. First, Rey will share with you all of the necessary materials and tools that you will use throughout the lessons to create your sculpture. Then he will get started with the building process by creating the wire frame for the ecorché.

Materials

• Art Alternatives Armature (Aluminum) Wire – 1/8″ Inch
    • 24 Gauge Steel Wire
    • Super Sculpey Clay – Original Beige
    • Shop Cloth
    • Super Sculpey (II or III) Chocolate
    • Zap-a-Gap Super Glue – Medium CA+
    • Baking Soda
    • Electrical Tape
    • Circular Wooden Base
    • Small Wooden Clay Tools
    • X-Acto Knife
    • Flexible Metal Modeling Palette
    • Petroleum Jelly
    • Staple Gun
    • Krylon Color Master Spray Paint – Almond
    • Needle Nose Pliers
    • Slip Lock Pliers
    sirjasperofeastwood
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Kylon Spray pain inst available in Ireland what alternative spray paint can i use?

Mokuhanga1
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

In case this will help anyone– it’s not clear how wide the ribcage should be. In chapter 6, Establishing the first six ribs, Rey says that the 8th rib will be about 1 1/4 inches wide, while in chapter 7 he mentions that his 8th rib is 1 5/8 inches wide and that’s the smallest it should ever be.  He must have misspoken in chapter 6.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Agree with @Mokuhanga1.

After I finish 7th rib and start this lesson, I find all ribs are narrow than they should be. Have to start over.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

The distance between 2 shoulders is 3 inch. How could a rib be 1 and 5/8 inch wide?

Kimberly Lee
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I couldn’t quite see what he was doing when he made the wire for the hand. can someone help explain that?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.