Beth’s 100 Day Art Challenge: Days 3, 4, 5

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Beth’s 100 Day Art Challenge: Days 3, 4, 5

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks, David! I may go back to try to redo the eyes rather than start something new. I didn’t give the drawing the time it needed, and posted it anyway, but I was tired after a long day of doing therapy, drawing between cancellations. That’s my excuse, and I’m sticking with it, lol, so I’ll ignore the fact that some artists can knock that kind of piece out so much better, live in 45 minutes. I still have to even work on the flowers, so we’ll see. Thanks for the shading compliments. I have a long way to go with that, too, but hopefully 84 more days of effort will help.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Best,

Beth

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Portrait Drawing in process

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Response to David went to page 2 for some reason.

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

RBG without collar

Raven KushnerRaven Kushner
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Wow! Is that RBG in clay form? How cool is that!

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Yes, I gave it a shot after a friend asked if I would try to make one for her. I ran out of a light brown clay I was working with, but fortunately that was right at the time that I needed to do her jewelry, robe, and glasses, and I happened to have a chocolate brown clay that I made those from. Since I had two shades of clay going anyway, then I decided to finish it off with white porcelain clay for a scarf. Since then, I’ve learned that I may have to replace the white porcelain with white stoneware clay because of a difference in shrinkage, although there’s nothing structural to worry about with the scarf, so I don’t know if that would really matter. Too much information, right? Anyway, I’m curious to see what the different clays look like fired together and if it looks okay after being bisqued, I may just put a matte glaze or spray on rather than try to paint it.

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

RBG took a tumble getting out of the car on the way from my makeshift home studio to my real studio. I had to redo her and struggled more with the glasses this time than I did initially. At least she got a new scarf and new scarf and earrings out of the mishap.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.