Beth’s 100 Day Art Challenge: Days 3, 4, 5

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Beth’s 100 Day Art Challenge: Days 3, 4, 5

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Days 3, 4, & 5 100 Day Art Challenge

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Hello Beth

You started the challenge ))

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, Kat,

I did! This is Day 3, 4, & 5. I hope I can stick with it!

Thanks,

Beth

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

If I may, I will give you a couple of pointers. Unfortunately I can’t do this in Photoshop, but I hope that some one else can show. I notice issues with alignments. For example, the line that represents the bottom of the lower lip, is sloping downwards, while the line of the bottom of the chin is going upwards. If the general direction of your lines is upwards, the features of the front of the face will track in the upwards direction. These lines eventually converge in perspective, but you just want to keep that mind. I’m sorry if you knew this already. Specifically for this sort of drawing don’t jump into rendering until you are sure of your lines.

I hope that I didn’t discourage you. I know that you spent you lot of time on this, but these type of exercises are meant to be a pain. I drew my first planes a couple of months ago, and I was sweating like hell, figuratively speaking, and there were a ton of corrections to do. Please keep going!

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks, Kat!
    i didn’t catch that! I’ll go back and redo it for my own personal growth. I think I’m going to try to do a clay bas relief of the piece to try to get the planes more integrated in my brain, so your feedback will be really helpful with that.

Cheers,
    Beth

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

I thought I’d take a couple of pics from Bridgman’s book for you.

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, Kat,

Thanks so much! I’ve never seen that before. Now I’m hesitant to post what I did today, because I’m sure it will have the same problem, but live and learn, right?!!

I really appreciate you taking the time to provide the information.

Best,
    Beth

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 6 & 7 of 100 Day Challenge

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 8 of 100 Day Challenge

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Days 1 and 2 of 100 Day Art ChallengeSince I entered Days 1 and 2 in the wrong place, I’m going to put it in my feed here.

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Is there a way to edit the title of my feed and keep the continuity of the feed? I shouldn’t have called this the Days 3, 4, & 5 because the feed has days that follow. I’ve tried to edit this myself but can’t seem to do it.

Thanks,
    Beth

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Drawing on Clay Wine Cooler

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Clay Koala Wine Cooler

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 16 of 100 Day Art ChallengeThis is unfinished, but it is my 16th day of the 100 Day Art Challenge. Don’t really like the way I’ve done the eyes, but it’s been a long day and I’m ready to go eat dinner.

Wish I knew how to change the title of this thread. If one of the Administrators can do that, please remove the “Days 3, 4, & 5” from the main title.

Thanks!

David Ramos ZertucheDavid Ramos Zertuche
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Beth! I liked your last portrait, even unfinished. I also have problems with the eyes, I find them difficult to locate into the face, I`m thinking maybe anatomy courses could help.

I find really good the subtle tones you gave to that female portrait, It`s an ability I haven’t developed yet, in my portraits the face planes and volumes are too sharp, its good for males but terrible for females.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.