Basic Principles of Light

Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Basic Principles of Light

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this lesson, instructors Chris Legaspi and Heather Lenefski will show you how to apply light to simple forms and use halftones to enhance the sense of 3-dimensional space. Then, you will apply your knowledge of forms to render your household objects.

This lesson belongs to the course The Beginner’s Guide to Drawing. It is a 12-week course designed to empower new students with a structured approach for learning how to draw. Join instructors Steve Huston, Chris Legaspi, Heather Lenefski, Bill Perkins, and Mark Westermoe as you learn the fundamentals of perspective, rendering, and composition. After completing this course, you will develop a solid foundation in drawing.

Throughout this course, you’ll have access to the NMA community for feedback and critiques to improve your work as you progress.

Sam Pollard
    Participant
    No points.

Just me, or is lesson 8 repeated at the beginning of lesson 9?

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

You are a life saver Sam, We are making the correction now B)

Patricia Sheley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

An example of the second law of light “Everything that receives light is also a source of light”: is the moon, it reflects the suns light and on earth is a source of light.

Andrea Lo Rillo
    Participant
    No points.

I was trying to do the assigment and found that i have a bit of troubles when I add the core shadow

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.