Barry's sketchbook

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Sketchbooks Barry's sketchbook

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 14 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years ago by Eden.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    barryb1718
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Sup guys! My name is Barry! Moved to California from Texas st study at Watts and now trying to break into the industry. Wanted to join here to not only keep my skills fresh (since art isnt full time :() but also to share, help, and inspire others! Hope all is well and here is some of my work.

Start with studies.

Some illustration and concept work.

DeanyDeany
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Really great art work you’ve got! Although was it necessary to create 7 copies of the same thread? Could be unintentionally done, but still.

barryb1718
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Unfortunately something went crazy with my connection. Trying to figure out how to delete them. I’ll probably with have to contact them and let them know to delete the other post. Sorry guys.

DeanyDeany
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

It’s okay, I know how it feels when connection gets jittery. :/ But your skills are extraordinary, I can only hope that I’d be able to paint as well as you someday. 🙂

WanderlustWanderlust
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey @barryb1718, are you a fellow member of the Watts groups on FB? Your work is great – I look forward to seeing more!

SvetlanaIashinaSvetlanaIashina
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

You are GOOD! Now i don’t wanna post mine haha.

barryb1718
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Sorry for the late comment guys but extremely sick and now working on the portfolio.

Deanyosla – Thank you and you will! It all takes time so keep at it and draw as much as possible.

SavinaFrancisco – Yup I’m on FB group. I’m rarely on there though because i’m so close to the school. Thank you by the way! I’ll be posting more soon!

Svetlanalashina – Thank you!! Don’t be afraid to post your work. We all can help each other out and learn together!

DeanyDeany
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Oh hope you get better soon!

I’m aware it takes time, though inability to see own progress kind of demotivates me quite a bit from time to time. Lately I’ve not been able to draw anything other than quick scribbles which I wouldn’t even dare show anyone and some boring hand dexterity exercises.(Connect the dots, ellipses, hatching value scales done poorly) Aside from that, nothing much else. Attempted to start some kind of character drawing, but I gave up shortly after starting. I’m not confident in my artistic skills, in fact I feel they’re inferior compared to what I can only dream of creating.

barryb1718
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@Deanyosla – I definitely know how that feels. The best advice I have for that is to study anatomy and study other artist. For me my lack of confidence came mostly from my lack of knowledge. I (to this day) spend a lot of my drawing time studying anatomy and artist I admire. It’s a great way to learn as well.

“If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.”

I feel as if every artist is only as good as the people he/her studies.

DeanyDeany
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’m not really sure how to study properly. I’ve started some course, a book and couldn’t finish neither. Some art subjects are very thorough, vast. I have plenty of books but I don’t read them.

Couldn’t figure out how to study other artists at all. I can only attempt at copying the artwork, but it won’t work that well.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by DeanyDeany.
    barryb1718
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

All I did was copy and as far as studying anatomy I would pick a certain body part and draw it from 50 to 100 times. There are many good books and techniques you can study. I love the reilly method but have been using the mannequin method as of recent. The biggest thing is just sitting down and getting the pencil moving. The only way to get better is to spend as much time as possible drawing.

alec.justice00
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Lovely paintings, hope to see more from you.

fabricewillmannfabricewillmann
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I like the indian and his horse, nice shading and crisp inspired drawing, very fluid though.

magmadwale
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

You do gorgeous work… I find it very inspirational!

Eden
    Participant
    No points.

Wow! Great work! I especially love your fantasy artwork. It has this feel of the past but of a magical past. I hope you post more! I would love to keep up with it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.