ANIMAL ANATOMY COURSE: ANIMAL WISHLIST!

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Website Suggestions and Wish List ANIMAL ANATOMY COURSE: ANIMAL WISHLIST!

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    WanderlustWanderlust
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Joe Weatherly’s animal anatomy course is awesome, but I’d love to see a few more animals added, since their anatomy is slightly varied from the ones included in the course. Namely bears and prey animals like squirrels, rats/mice, raccoons, etc. Because all of these animals stand on their hind legs regularly, it would be really helpful to see how their anatomy differs from animals who stay on all 4 appendages, and what muscles they use that help them to stand.

Isabelle DrielIsabelle Driel
    Participant
    No points.

Same here: chickens, sea life (octopus, crabs…), manatees, armadillos.

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Isabelle, Have you seen Charles Hu’s new Dynamic Sketching course? He covers some a wide range of animals including octopus and crabs and fish. I believe Glenn Vilppu also draws chickens and goats.
    Invertebrate anatomy would be interesting, It’s a whole other world. In this case I think artists mostly look at form since these animals don’t have the muscle-on-bone blue print. I find this stuff fascinating  🙂

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Wanderlust, If I can give you a tip. Look at the pelvis of different animals. Especially dinosaurs. The shape of the blades of the pelvis act as a fulcrum and can tell you a lot about what movements an animal is capable of 🙂 Really good suggestion btw!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.