Andrew’s 100 Day Challenge: Portrait

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Andrew’s 100 Day Challenge: Portrait

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Tried to copy a small work from Albrecht Dürer. Turned out to be harder then I thought.  The pen and gel pen combo doesn’t work to well if the drawing is to bright i guess. I guess I will change back to pencil drawing for a while. Depends on the masterworks. Day 42:

AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 43 – Sticked with the pen. It’s more fun when you can’t erase and no smearing.

AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 44 – Another old man drawing. Drawing a beard takes so long.

AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 45 – Should trying to find a way to keep the cross hatching simpler and cleaner and the eyes look so big.

AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 46 – Using again a toned paper. Like how it turned out. Tried using some pastel pencil, since these are the only colored pens I had. Not really good for crosshatching. I guess.

AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 47  – 

AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 48 – Glasses didn’t turn out that well since I didn’t want to draw boxes and wanted to measure it with my eyes. Didn’t turn out that well.

AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 49 – Tired as hell. Tomorrow I will finally be at the half of the challenge. So I will try another drawing medium instead of the pen.

AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 50 – Doing a medium change. The next portrait will be done with watercolor. Tried out Mark his lessons, but was a bit fastpaced for me. Also didn’t had all the colors. Might watch another beginner watercolor lesson first.

NatashaNatasha
    Participant
    No points.

I didn’t have the colors either. I just grabbed what looked close.

AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 51 – Still didn’t have any time to watch some watercolor lesson so tried the best I could do. Still have a lot of work to doo. But will redraw both of them at day 100.

@Natasha – Switching from red,black, blue pen to watercolor is huge.

AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 52 – Busy with work the next days. So I can draw a small watercolor portrait. Like how the skin turned out.

AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 53 – Warming up to watercolor. Still no idea how to mix the colors. Used a gel pen for the highlights.

David Ramos ZertucheDavid Ramos Zertuche
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I can see progress in your watercolor!! Keep it up Andrew.

I have a challenge like yours, I´m taking Glenn Vlippu Course, i´m in the second lesson and has helped me a lot, I recommend it to you in case you haven`t take it.

AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@David – Thanks David. I already watched some of Villpu his portrait lessons. Wanted to grab one of those watercolor pencils and draw some portraits like him. But then I watched Steve his drawing with a fountain pen which also looked pretty cool. So I am sticking with watercolor. Or else I spent a lot of money and don’t even try to use the medium.

Day 54 https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.forum.nma.art/770264/xuu52d5hlawdgytybmkt0ganiewt6oyz.png– Tried to avoid using the black color since the last picture looked so dominant. I like it more. Forgot the eyebrows I guess.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 126 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.