Alex’s 100 day art challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Alex’s 100 day art challenge

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 284 total)
  • Author
    Iliya MirochnikIliya Mirochnik
    Participant
    Instructor Badge
    No points.

Hi Alex,

I really like how you’re approaching figure drawing, and especially like this last light and form study. I did a general anatomical draw-over a fulgure drawing you posted on the 4th of July of the heavier set model. Heavier set models are fantastic to draw due to the plasticity and gestural interactions of all the forms, but it’s also harder to find where all that anatomy is. The way I sketched it, I mainly inserted the rib cage and pelvis (I made the rib cage purposefully larger than it really is to help establish landmarks on the skin) and then sketched in more precise silhouettes in the legs. I’ll definitely be looking in to see more work and comment in the future.

Good luck and keep up the awesome work!

Iliya

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@iliyamirochnik Hi Iliya, thank you so much for the draw-over. This is extremely helpful I’m going to definitely be working on these aspects you have pointed out. Also, please do check in, your comments are very much welcome and I look forward to hearing more from you.

best,

Alex

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day#16 today I finished out the basic figure drawing lectures with Steve Huston, some of the assignments will follow.

5 minute figure drawing assignment

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

another Bruegal study

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

portrait of my nephew. 30-45 minutes.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

here’s yesterdays Day#17

started the hands part of Steve Huston’s figure drawing course. not sure if Im getting it really. today was a bit better than yesterday.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day #18

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I think the 10 minute drawing went much better than all of the others. I think I will practice drawing hands in ten minutes and gradually reduce the time. The 1 minute and 2 minute parts of the assignment were just way too fast and I got no benefit from them really.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Wasnt really happy with my efforts yesterday and so continued drawing in the evening well into the night.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Struggling with fists, tips/ pointers needed please

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 284 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.