Acrylic landscape – feedback would be great

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Acrylic landscape – feedback would be great

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rachel Atkins
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Rachel, this is a great little painting. I would have been overwhelmed trying to paint a landcape like this! You’ve pushed the overall warmth in the image which is nice. Gettting the values right in all the masses would have been tricky for this – well done! All I can think of is maybe a bit of detailing on the bottom right foreground, reducing the detail as your eye moves from there to the back left hand corner. It’ll help emphasise the overall gesture of trees and help to direct the viewers eye more across the image. I hope that makes some sense.

Rachel Atkins
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks so much for your feedback, that is very helpful, I’ll take another look at it. It’s so hard to know where things sit in the realm of really bad to ok, so I appreciate you taking the time to provide insights. Cheers😁

Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

You’re welcome. I think that’s part of  what makes feedback so valuable – for our work to be critiqued with fresh eyes. We stare at our work for so many hours whilst we paint, it becomes difficult to self-analyse; at least I find it so.

This is FAR from bad, by far ohk 🙂

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Rachel

Nice woodland landscape I find it convincing and interesting ,I love you impressionistic approach it’s an unlikely composition , but works good colour perspective look forward to seeing more .

Tim

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.