100 Hundred Days of Figure and Anatomy Studies

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge 100 Hundred Days of Figure and Anatomy Studies

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    LEWIS MACKENZIELEWIS MACKENZIE
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 20 (yesterday)

Not figure work, but related to the previous post, I want to use soap bubbles as a visual element to tie the portrait together, so I spent the evening practicing rendering some in charcoal and graphite.  Most from reference, a couple from imagination.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 21

I started this drawing quite few weeks ago and have been working on it on and off, but it had been long enough since I touched it that I was starting to feel like I was avoiding it a bit. So I spent a little time on it tonight. I think the head migh t be a bit big, but I’m kind of commited now.

Marcolino EstuardoMarcolino Estuardo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Damn awesome! ^^^

The head is fine, no worries.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you, dude! I need to prove to myself I can do this kind of figure drawing and that only laziness has previously held me back 😀

Hanan Youssef
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Woah!!!!! Do you also go to art school? Looks like you’ve been trained!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you! My Art School career was short and not very sweet! I went to Glasgow School of Art in 1999, completed first year, failed second year and dropped out after one term of my repeat year. But I would not have learned much about traditional art there anyway. I then gave up drawing and painting for a little over a decade (I was a huge dumbass back then), did a degree in Neuroscience (don’t ask), worked as a cancer scientist for several years and then returned to art in 2012 or so. I won a summer scholarship at the Florence Academy in 2014, which was amazing, but other than that my learning has been self directed from books, the web, the masters , etc. My lack of comprehensive training has always sapped my confidence and been a great weight hanging on me since I started drawing and painting again and I have never made it work as a career, to the extent that I had almost given up on it again over the last few years. Hence why I’m here! Sorry – you probably weren’t expecting my life story in response to your comment!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 22

A little more progress on this

<!–more–>

Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 23

Started developing the background on this. Used a mixture of compressed and Nitram charcoal, which may have been a mistake, but I think it’s looking ok.r Cappy phone pic, sorry.

Marcolino EstuardoMarcolino Estuardo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

What material did you use for the figure itself?

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Graphite

Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 24 & 25

Still pluggin away at this thing. I’ve been deepening some of the shadows on the figure and lightening the background and I think the two are beginning to marry a bit better. Will need to revisit every area of the figure and make sure the the tonal heirarchy is working as I continue developing the environment. Slow progress, and a little tedious, but I’m determined to do the ebst job I can with this one.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 26 & 27

Still working away on the figure drawing, and also finished the side view stereometric figure

Lightroom seems to have added a watermark, which looks a bit pretentious.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 28

Procreate Zorn study. 1hr 20min.

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I was impressed with the work you submitted for Glenn’s drawing materials course, but I just now looked through this thread. Your work is amazing and so is your background! I especially love the charcoal figure drawing. I don’t feel qualified to offer any constructive feedback other than to say wow! I look forward to more of your posts!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you, Jen. What a kind comment 😊

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.