100 Days of Learning to Draw (Fundamentals)

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge 100 Days of Learning to Draw (Fundamentals)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    abracadabraabracadabra
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I love painting and creating art but struggle greatly with drawing – something that increasingly seems to be more in my head than anything. I tend to freeze up whenever I sit down to draw anything, and I know I just need to do it more often to get over this! So… I’m challenging myself to 100 days of drawing fundamentals. I’ve got a 9″x14″ sketchpad that I’ve started on with basic form and volume – am posting my first few pages below.

Goal: Draw and post even a single form each day for 100 days, guided by fundamentals of drawing.

Pre-challenge start…

Starting with value scale and spheres…

More sphere-like shapes… I feel like once I start relaxing and having fun with drawing, it gets so much better

sphere practice

But then … next day, pushing myself to do more – I lock up and everything takes way longer, is grueling-tedious, and looks wonky anyway.

more spheres

Nothing for a few days in frustration. Then came back and took a stab at cubes and cylinders…

cube practice

• This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by abracadabraabracadabra.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by abracadabraabracadabra.
    abracadabraabracadabra
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 1 – basic shapes and shading

basic shapes and shading

And then some line practice with a number of different pens/pencils – found this kuretake brush pen much more fun (and less smeary/messy!) to draw with then then pencil. Also really love no erase option. Maybe will try to do more drawing with it…

line practice with brush pen

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Nice start! Good to see you embracing the fundamentals like this!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.