100 Day Art Challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge 100 Day Art Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 1 & 2 of 100 Day Art ChallengeI’d like to start the 100 Day Art Challenge to try to improve my observational, drawing, anatomical, and sculpting skills. I’d also like to see if I can begin to draw or sculpt from imagination. Eventually I’d like to gain enough confidence to try the Russian Academic Drawing. If it’s a day when I have little time or energy, I plan to do those quick one minute sketches or make “robot” figures from my imagination, but otherwise plan to do portrait or figurative work. The piece I’m uploading today is from Day 1 and 2.

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Horrible Skull Attempt

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Standing back I can see so much wrong with this and found it pretty overwhelming to do. I kept getting lost, mostly because the whole thing was off scale. Let’s just say that it was humbling.

Somehow, my previous sequence of art for the 100 day challenge is under a different title, so all of my submissions are out of whack. The others say days 3, 4, & 5, I think.

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Right Side of Angled Skull

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Unfinished Skull

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’m still working on this, but am trying to post something regularly during the 100 Day Art Challenge. I think this is something like Day 39 and is another attempt to draw a skull for the Head and Neck series of the Russian Academic Drawing. Hopefully more details to follow next time. Other drawings I’ve done are unfortunately listed in the “Days 3, 4, & 5” listing of the Challenge, so there is no continuity to my posts. Sorry about that.

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

3 Skulls

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Nov Self-Portrait Challenge in Process

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’m adding the November self-portrait challenge to my 100 Day Art Challenge. The blocking-in photo isn’t uploaded, but I think I’m currently about half way through with the portrait.

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Man in Water Hole Clay Jewelry Dish

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

My sculpting tools are at the studio but I was home today, wanting to do a rather simple piece while I wait for inspiration, so I used a knitting needle and paper clip to make this jewelry dish. The good news is that the piece gave me a little more practice doing a skull.

Raven KushnerRaven Kushner
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

What an adorable little sculpture! Do you have a home studio? I used to enjoy clay sculpting when I was in school- not as much as drawing and painting, though, which is fortunate for me because I don’t really have the space for the sculpting supplies.

BETH BARNARD
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks so much, Raven!

Right now I have a studio at home while waiting waiting for a Covid vaccine to be distributed so I can go back to my co-op studio more regularly. I don’t have a home kiln yet, but maybe one day. I know what you mean about the sculpting supplies, although I’ve been surprised at how much I can cram into a pretty small space. No clay roller at home, though, lol. I hear that this little fellow has made it out of the kiln, butI can’t work on him for now because I’m stuck at home for 10 more days while I wait to be sure that Covid has cleared my body. I have a newer sculpture at the studio that I had started but can’t get back to. For now, I’m just watching the art videos rather than try to draw or sculpt since I’m pretty tired but at least that gives me something interesting and low key to do to pass the time. It sure does throw off the 100 Days of Art Challenge though. What a weird year and time, right?!!

BETH BARNARD
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Covid Poster maybe?

Raven KushnerRaven Kushner
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This is really cool

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.