1 Point Perspective question.

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art Discussion Drawing 1 Point Perspective question.

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JGreen
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello.

I am having some confusion with 1 point and 2 point perspective. My understanding is that if I draw something in 1PP, every single line in the piece not parallel to the picture plane converges to ONE vanishing point, i.e. centre of vision. But I don’t understand, does this mean I can’t add say an object that is rotated at an angle? Will the composition then become 2PP in that case, because its sides will not go to the one VP aforementioned? I am confused because most of the time there is always something that will not go to the same VP as other things– is drawing something in ‘one point perspective’ just like a general decision, or does it break the composition if you put 2PP objects in?

JGreen
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I guess what I am asking is: is the type of perspective attached to the overall piece (i.e. ‘drawing a piece in 1PP’) or is it a quality of each object within the piece (i.e. can combine the two). thanks

GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

That actually becomes a three point perspective.

one point perspective – vertical and horizontal lines are parallel with the picture plane

two point perspective – horizontal lines are angled and vertical lines are parallel with the picture plane

three point perspective – no lines are parallel with the picture plane

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.